Monday, March 31, 2014

Random Flea Market Find!

WARNING:  If you love old sewing machines, brace yourself!

Strolling through the local flea market with my husband always turns out to be an interesting adventure.
Yesterday we found this random little piece of sewing history....AND, they turned it into a LAMP!


It was horrible!  What kind of a person turns this perfectly beautiful machine into a lamp?  Yes, it is interesting....but I am sure that machine was simply gorgeous on it's wooden base!  
I was completely astonished!

 And then, the price tag sent me into fits of laughter!  
"Sewing Machine Lamp"...$74.50!  
WOW!  Let's see how long it sits there untouched...

Well, that was my bit of random sewing non-sense for the day!

Happy Monday!
-Brittany

4 comments:

  1. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen! It almost hurts my eyes to look at it. What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is horrible! I was totally shocked when I found it. I am not quite sure what they were thinking....but apparently they had a "vision" for the sewing machine and it turned into this. Ick! (haha) -Brittany

      Delete
  2. One can only hope they did it to make use of a no longer working machine...but the price? Seriously? Spotted an old seeing machine cabinet, era 1950-1960-ish, repainted, no machine and the price was $50! Seriously? Anyway, love the hunt!

    ReplyDelete